Friday, May 20, 2011

Hello, friends.

I am currently sitting in Dulles Airport in Washington, D.C. waiting for my flight to depart in an hour.  Ethiopian Airlines, man...I know I keep telling people this, but I'm really excited to see what kind of food they have on the plane!  I'm drinking my last Starbucks coffee, which is sort of sad, although who knows--Starbucks owns the coffee world, so perhaps there is one (or more) in Uganda.

The madre and padre dropped me off at the airport, and of course, as my sister said, I'm lucky to have the father that I have!  Props to you, Dad, for printing everything out for me/helping pack the scanner/etc.  Also a thank-you is well-deserved to Matthew for helping me out with installing Archivist's Toolkit.  Damn program is still stalled; it won't "initialize".  Hopefully I can figure it out sometime this weekend.

Plastic paper clip news:  No dice.  Stupid me didn't think to order them online and so spent the past few days running around to every single office supply store and craft store, and no one has them.  I am really hoping that Evarist (the MMU professor who will be supervising me) won't be too angry...

Alrighty.  Next time you hear from me, I'll be in FORT PORTAL, UGANDA!!  Woot woot!

1 comment:

  1. Going on an adventure CHAAAARRRRLIIIIEE!

    Safe travels dude.

    ReplyDelete